Opinel Carbon Steel Lock Knife
- Traditional lock-knife from the world-famous, iconic Opinel brand, manufactured in the Savoie region of France since 1872.
- In 1985, Opinel was recognised by the Victoria & Albert Museum as one of the 100 best-designed items in the world, alongside the Porsche 911 and the Rolex watch.
- Opinel is one of our all-time best-selling knife brands since we started in business back in 1992.
- This Carbon Steel Lock knife is a folding knife, available in a range of sizes, from the compact No 6, up to the robust No 12 (see drop-down for blade lengths).
- Also available with a Stainless Steel blade - while Carbon Steel is easier to sharpen than Stainless, it is prone to rust - this can be avoided by cleaning with wire wool and gun-cleaning oil.
- Each Opinel Lock Knife is equipped with their unique and ingenious double Virobloc patented blade locking system - to activate, simply turn the Virobloc collar when your blade is open, and this prevents the blade closing back onto your hand or finger.
- Varnished beech handle.
N.B. You must be over 18 to purchase any knife from OpenSeason.ie, either in-store or on our website. We will always ask for photo ID including date of birth to be supplied to us before processing any online order which includes a knife. Photo ID may be emailed to us, quoting order reference number at email@example.com.